…outside that is. I’ve had lots of fresh air lately and it’s been sooo good for me.
This morning Jared and I took the boys to the park. This afternoon I worked out whole Felix took a nap and then I took the boys on a 2ish mile walk. Lots of exercise and fresh air. Yay!
I’m having a hard time figuring out how many calories I need in a day because of breastfeeding. I want to eat enough to not lose my supply but I don’t want to gain weight either. I definitely don’t feel like I’m starving myself but I’ve noticed myself very hungry and therefore enjoying food more. And since I’m not trying to minimize my calories too much, I’m eating food I super like. Win.
Now I’m trying to get my boy to get tired enough to go to bed but he’s so cute and wide awake that I’m just dealing with it lol.
Okay so I know it’s Monday and I probably should have posted about my weigh in sooner, but my other in laws visited this weekend and I didn’t have much time for anything.
I was pleasantly surprised on Friday tho:
Now, I’ll be totally honest with this weigh in. The last time I weighed in was after I had eaten Taco Bell the day before and so I was probably retaining water and that upped my weight. BUT that doesn’t mean that this loss doesn’t matter because it does. I like to be realistic but at the same time I need some evidence that things are working early on, otherwise I get annoyed and give up. A loss of 2.4 lbs is definitely exciting regardless of the circumstances and the fact that I was brave enough to record my weight after a binge day means I’m allowed to enjoy this small victory.
In other news, this Sunday after my in laws left and Felix woke up from his nap, we went to clarion to spend the afternoon at the river with my family. Jared and I got in the tubes for like a half hour and damn! I’m sore! It’s a fun ab and arm workout that I would love to do more often. I also had the sense to drag myself out for a run today so my body is that kind of good sore that I like. Yay!
A day after I’m one month post partum, I successfully completed W1D1 of c25k! …. Again. I almost feel bad that I’m writing about starting the program over again, but I think that it’s actually a good thing that there is a workout program that I feel works and is doable. Some of the reasons I have stopped working out in the past are at least slightly legit so instead of being sad im starting over again, I’m feeling hopeful!
While I was running today, I was thinking about coming up with more reasons to get fit than just “I wanna look better.” I know I have always had the reasons but there are more that I’ve thought of and I kinda want to see them in writing. They will also help me realize milestones along the way if I’m losing hope or steam. So here goes.
Reasons to get healthy and exercise:
1. I want to play with my kids. I mean play hard. Like run around the yard until they collapse hard.
2. I want to not be afraid to do things cuz I don’t think I can. For example, not go to Watkins Glen because I don’t think I can hike it and I don’t want to fail or be embarrassed.
3. I want to have pants last a long time cuz my thighs rubbing together don’t wear them out.
4. I want to wear jeans or shorts whenever I want, not feel like I have to wear leggings just in case we end up taking a walk and I don’t want my fat thighs to rub together and get uncomfortable.
5. I want to WANT to be in pictures. Each time I’ve lost quite a few pounds I’ve started taking more and more pictures with my family and I want to have pictures of me that I’m proud of.
6. I want to feel pretty. I always start getting more confidence and feel pretty and sexier when I’m working out and losing weight and that’s something that I want to be permanent.
Okay that’s what I have so far. More to come I’m sure. In fact, I bet I’ll have more after I’ve made some progress. Again. Sigh.
I know I’m usually into the fitness blogging thing but my pregnancy came to an abrupt stop a month ago when I randomly started labor 6 weeks early.
My tiny human made his way into the world and was shipped to the NICU in another county. After over 2 weeks, we made it home and are settling in.
Now that I’m nearly a month post partum, I’m planning to get back into working out. I’ve been working on logging my food over the last week so that I am in the habit of it. I’ve logged everything I’ve eaten, even when embarrassed.
I’ve been using MFP which calculates your “streak” of days you log in and log food. So it will help me keep in mind how long I’ve been working on losing weight. Again. Hopefully I don’t get pregnant after losing 30 lbs again haha. That’s been the trend it appears 😜